BRING THE EXCITEMENT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP TO YOUR STUDENTS!
Invite your students to submit and promote their ideas for products and services in the annual winter-spring BizIdea Challenge!
BizIdea will inspire and equip them to create the economy of tomorrow by exploring careers in entrepreneurship and social enterprise.
It will engage their creativity, develop their critical thinking skills, increase their scholastic aptitude in the English language arts and STEAM, and help them clarify and align their school, college, and career interests and objectives.
The Challenge is part of the BizVenture!, an annual experiential learning series for teen Prince Georgians ages 14-19. It culminates in late April with a YouthBiz Expo where students present and pitch their ideas to a team of judges and vie for prizes. Prizes include cash and scholarships to attend our summer BizKamp.
- Show our YouTube video that introduces entrepreneurship, several young entrepreneurs, and the BizIdea Challenge itself.
- Use our Creation Station worksheet to help your students explore ideas and register for the BizIdea Challenge.
- Invite our BizTeam to present an interactive student assembly to introduce entrepreneurship and the BizIdea Challenge.
- Permit us to set up table in your cafeteria or at an event where students can take a sample BizQuiz and learn more about the BizIdea Challenge.
- Ask us to give an after-school/free period workshop where your students can prepare ideas, displays and pitches.
- Designate a “BizDay” or “BizWeek” at your school that features these and other activities.
- Assign “go-to” teachers or staff who can provide 1-1 support to your students on request.
Boost Excitement and Participation
- Make morning announcements
- Post flyers
- Promote in newsletter
- Share with email lists
- Post on social media
- Distribute flyers and handouts to teachers
- Post news/info/link on website
- Post news/info/link on social media pages
- Share activity guides with parents
- Attend/table at the YouthBiz Expo on the evening of the 4th Thursday in April
- Recognize your students for their participation and awards
- Award academic credit for students who attend BizKamp and complete a business plan
- Create a college scholarship for student entrepreneurs funded by alumni business owners
YES Staff will:
- facilitate or assist with the activities above on request
- share data about your students’ participation and program outcomes
- acknowledge and thank your school as a partner in program materials and media
- share media coverage that includes or features your school and students
- safeguard the privacy of information submitted by your students