YOUNG PEOPLE NEED JOBS.
ENTREPRENEURS CREATE JOBS.
WHO CREATES ENTREPRENEURS?
Young Entrepreneurs Society is an award-winning community-based effort to create opportunities for Prince George’s County teens ages 14-19 to become job creators by exploring and launching careers in business and social enterprise.
Every teen will have the opportunities, resources, and support they need to forge their own paths to prosperity.
To inspire and prepare teens to consider careers in business and social enterprise.
To help grow and sustain our region’s economy by providing educational activities that promote a regional entrepreneurial culture and ecosystem by helping everyone understand, appreciate, and champion entrepreneurship as a way of shaping a life, making a living, and contributing to the well-being of our communities and the planet.
To provide an annual series of activities, contests and events that enable teens to learn about, engage with and experience business and social enterprise at times, places, and in formats that are age- and developmentally-appropriate and aligned with their individual learning styles, academic needs, and generational culture.
|Promote||Outreach & Publicity||Partnerships||Awards||Accreditation|
|Support||Networks||Coaching||Technical Assistance||Financing & Facilities|
• 2,500 teens are introduced to entrepreneurship and social enterprise via BizTour.
• 1,000 teens assess their business attitudes, knowledge & readiness via BizQuiz.
• 250 teens enter a business or social enterprise idea in the BizIdea contest.
• 200 teens display, pitch, and present their BizIdeas at the YouthBiz Expo.
• 200 parents, educators, professionals and peers attend the Expo.
• 50 teens attend a BizKamp to develop their BizIdeas into BizPlans.
• 25 teens receive BizLaunch coaching, technical assistance, and financing.
• 5,000 members of the general public become aware of BizVenture!
Odd Job Squad
• 250 teens earn money helping community members with odd jobs.
• 250 members participate in Society meet-ups, workshops, and activities.